Shannon’s back from Italy and we’re running some episodes we recorded before she left. This week, Shannon and Janine are talking about the beauty of taking a simple approach to starting something and how that can be challenging for perfectionists.
Discussion topics include:
- Our virtual retreat to plan our YNAB coaching practices (simpler than trying to figure out how to work together in person)
- How starting simple can help you actually get started on a project
- Leaving open the possibility for change when you’re starting something
- Applying this concept to decluttering your closet
- How Janine made starting her car-buying process very simple by buying what Shannon had
- The beauty of narrowing down your options (and how Shannon accomplished that when she built her most recent house)
- How starting simple can make a project feel less overwhelming
- Remember: it’s not necessary to plan every single step of a project before you start it (something that perfectionists tend to want to do)
- How you can get more information with each step of a project (after you get started)
- Starting simple by guessing
- Figuring out what barriers need to be taken away to allow you to get started
- Getting past the “What If?”
- Recognizing that what feels simple to one person may not feel simple to someone else
2 thoughts on “Episode 251: Start Simple”
The podcast just stops at about 11:39. The go/stop, forward 15, back 15 buttons don’t work at that point (although they worked before I reached that point). I have tried reopening the podcast from the email link twice, but each time it has stopped at the same place.
Oh no! We can’t seem to replicate that error — playback is working as expected on our computers. Perhaps clearing your cache and then reloading the page or trying a different browser or device?