It’s the end of the year and time to talk about goals and resolutions! In this Good Enough in Practice episode, Janine and Shannon talk about setting realistic, good enough goals. Way back in 2009, we created a teleclass and workbook about resolutions and we’re revisiting it in this episode. (The messages of the teleclass will feel very familiar. They’ve stood the test of time!)
Discussion topics include:
- The details of Janine’s personal retreat day where she sets her goals for the coming year
- The perils of setting unrealistic goals and the alternative of good enough goals
- Flashback to a teleclass called “Why Resolutions Don’t Work and How to Get What You Want Anyway” that Shannon and Janine created in 2009. It’s like a prequel to this podcast.
- The one element the teleclass has that this podcast lacks: Hypnosis!
- The three main problems that stop people from achieving their goals and how you can get past them to get what you want
- Janine’s word for next year and how she plans to remind herself about it
- The hashtag we created: #goodenoughgoals
Exciting news! “Why Resolutions Don’t Work and How to Get What You Want Anyway” has not been available for years, but now that we’ve discovered how relevant it still is, we’re taking it out, dusting it off and renaming it! It’s now called “Good Enough Goal Setting.” We’ve updated the 25-page workbook for 2018 and are making it available to you for $15. When you buy the workbook, you’ll automatically get a download of the 2010 teleclass, complete with guided hypnosis exercises led by Shannon, who is a certified hypnotherapist. These exercises will aid you in setting–and achieving–your goals this year. Just click on the View Product or Add to Cart button to purchase via PayPal.
P.S. After you purchase, you’ll get an email from Peace of Mind Organizing and see Peace of Mind Organizing on the download page. That’s because we used Janine’s e-commerce account to set this up.