Both Shannon and Janine love taking on time-limited challenges they find on the internet. In this episode, they discuss some of their favorites while offering some advice on keeping these challenges easy.
Discussion topics include:
- One of our favorite challenges: Yoga with Adriene’s annual 30 day yoga journey
- Janine’s 30 x 30 challenge on her genealogy blog
- National Novel Writing Month (write a novel in 30 days)
- Keeping the stakes low, but interesting enough that you care to do it
- Selecting challenges you want, not those you think you should do
- Janine’s progress on her personal 50-books-a-year challenge
- How these challenges are a great way to get started on a new habit
- Avoiding perfectionism: How even a little progress is beneficial with these challenges
- Creating a range of goals within a challenge
- Keeping it easy by figuring out what counts (and being really kind in your criteria)
- The hiatus Shannon has taken in cartooning and how doing a challenge might help her resume it (if she decides she wants to)
- The key to success with a challenge: Keep it doable, be kind to yourself, have fun!
- The power of community
- The 100-day dress challenge Janine recently took on
Note from Janine: I had actually read 48, not 58, books at the time we recorded this episode.
- Breath, the new 30 day yoga journey from Yoga with Adriene
- The 30 x 30 challenge on Janine’s genealogy blog, Organize Your Family History
- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)
- Saving $5050 in 100 days challenge Tik Tok video
- Wool&’s 100-day dress challenge that Janine is doing (and loving)