It is so easy for even the most ingrained habits to go by the wayside when you have a change in routine or other disruption. This week, Janine and Shannon discuss taking baby steps to reinvigorate your beneficial habits.
Discussion topics include:
- Janine’s good-enough pre-Halloween raking of leaves
- How disruption of routine can affect habits
- Looking forward to the habits you need now, rather than blindly trying to recreate past habits
- Janine’s daily yoga practice that she’s trying to rejuvenate
- Allowing small efforts to count when you’re building or rebuilding habits
- Shannon’s end of-the-day-yoga practice with her husband
- Another beneficial habit: Making the bed
- Shannon and Janine’s favorite habit: Working on YNAB (You Need A Budget) every morning
- Another habit Shannon is reinvigorating, using her Bullet Journal (in concert with Todoist)
- Janine’s enthusiastic use of her Bullet Journal(s)
- The value of the Bullet Journal index
- Pairing new habits with existing ones
As promised, here’s a photo of Shannon’s weekly Bullet Journal spread.
And here’s Janine’s monthly habit tracker from her Bullet Journal. (We used this picture in Episode 188: Bullet Journaling.)
- You Need A Budget (YNAB). That’s a referral link. If you click it and end up subscribing, you and Shannon will each get a free month.