Happy Thanksgiving to our U.S. listeners! This week, Shannon and Janine discuss the value of taking a true break from things you do regularly. And announce that we’re walking the walk by taking a hiatus from the podcast for five weeks. (We’ll return on December 30.)
Discussion topics include:
- We’re taking a break!
- Our decision to take a podcast hiatus between Thanksgiving and the end of the year
- The value of taking a real break to refresh and revitalize
- Getting new things out of re-listening to podcast episodes (we think we have some good nuggets!)
- Please send us ideas for topics for future episodes!
- Stopping midstream to make it easier to come back to something
- We encourage you to take a break from something you’re doing regularly without worry
- Our feeling that whatever we gain from taking a break will far outweigh anything we might lose
Wishing you a great five weeks! We look forward to recording again in the new year!
- The article Shannon was thinking about regarding stopping mid-sentence: Stop Writing Mid-Sentence to Ward Off Writer’s Block