Shannon and Janine are both taking trips the first week in September that require a good deal of preparation. This week we discuss how we’ve been trying to be plan productively without letting perfectionism hold us up.
Discussion topics include:
- The paradox of 2020: How can it only be September and also how is it September already?
- How we’re trying not to let perfectionism get in the of planning our upcoming trips
- Shannon’s trip next week from to eastern Oregon towing an RV behind her SUV
- Janine’s upcoming 29-hour drive from St. Louis to eastern for her father’s 90th birthday
- How Janine is using Trello to help her plan what to pack for her journey
- How taking away the unknowns and breaking down the trip into days helped Janine get her arms around the long trip
- How it’s so easy to spin your wheels while trying to prepare when there’s uncertainty involved
- Shannon’s Post-it note trip planning method
- Planning routes based on elevation (so smart!)
- Covering contingencies with a paper map!
- The difference between worrying about things you can’t control and thinking about those things you can control
- How one’s perception of a situation can influence its reality