Relaxing is so important. Even during our busiest times, taking time to relax can keep us more productive. This week, Janine and Shannon talk about the importance of relaxation, how they relax and how perfectionism can get in the way of relaxing.
Discussion topics include:
- How Shannon and Janine relax
- The challenge in prioritizing relaxation
- Reading as relaxation
- Janine’s love for Yogi Soothing Caramel Tea (and the fact that Shannon hates it)
- The two types of relaxing: mental and physical
- Shannon’s tricky workaround for her current inability to go cycling: an E-Bike!
- One of Janine and Shannon’s favorite relaxation activities: floating in a flotation tank
- How perfectionism can get in the way of relaxing
- Repeat TV watching as a safe relaxation choice
- Thinking about the kind of experience you want in your relaxation
- Yoga as a mentally and physically relaxing activity
- Shannon’s meditation/napping combination, “Napitation”
- How it’s especially important to take time to relax when you’re stressed
- The fact that taking time to relax can help you be more productive
- Keeping a relaxation list to make it even easier to relax
- Buck’s Fizz vs Mimosa
- Yogi Soothing Caramel Bedtime Tea (that’s an affiliate link)
- Shannon’s post on floating: Lasting Relaxation
- Janine’s post on floating: The Ultimate Relaxing Experience
1 thought on “Episode 46: How Do You Relax?”
I love to read. I was reading one of the links on your Morning Routines episode (#11) that I had never gotten around to reading. He suggested adding reading as part of your morning routine. I had not thought about that. I usually reserve it for the hour before bedtime, but I have to admit, sometimes I am busy right up until the time to go to bed and it gets lost in the shuffle. I may try switching it to my morning routine.
Reading is definitely one of my top relaxing interests. Also family history/genealogy, quilting, live cultural performances (theater/symphony/opera/etc.), and travel. I can get lost in any one of those pastimes and really achieve flow. I also get together with friends and we promise to rarely look at our phones and just enjoy each other’s company: that’s key to relaxing!