Janine and Shannon are experts in letting go. Janine helps people with tangible stuff and Shannon helps them with intangible stuff. So we have a lot to say in this episode about the benefits and process of letting go!
Discussion topics include:
- How January is a great time for letting go
- That Janine rarely, if ever, regrets having let go of something (and neither do her clients)
- How the various terms for decluttering process can change the way you feel about it–and the importance of finding the language that works for you
- How letting go of beliefs (like perfectionism) can allow you to open up space to do more of what you love
- A change to our podcast’s tagline!
- A deep dive into the process for letting of thoughts and beliefs that aren’t helpful
- How your goals can help your underlying beliefs come to the surface
- The magic of thinking about your beliefs that might not be serving you and recognizing they’re not true
- The perfectionistic beliefs Janine had to let go of in order to start a daily yoga practice
- Yoga with Adriene, the wonderful (free!) videos Janine’s been watching every day
- Janine’s blog post about getting started with yoga
- Shannon’s blog post about the lies you tell yourself
1 thought on “Episode 34: Letting Go”
I am trying to let go of the feeling I have ingrained in myself for years that it’s okay not to finish something. I get about 90 to 95% done and then I just stop and walk away. For example, for the last 8 days I have been clearing out my storage unit. I have 4 big boxes left. I clutter-cleared one of them and then walked away from the other three. I am trying to get up the gumption to go back and finish them. I have even enlisted the help of a friend to just sit there and encourage me when I try to stop later on today. I really want to let go of this feeling.