In this second “Q&A on the 5s” episode, Janine and Shannon answer some phoned-in questions from listeners.
Discussion topics include:
- How sometimes ease doesn’t come easily
- The perennial problem of perfectionism: It can feel uncomfortable to stop at less than 100 percent
- The discomfort of striving and failing to achieve perfection vs the discomfort of letting things not be perfect
- How Janine let go of a perfectionistic temptation to rewrite her client’s spice labels
- Practicing good enough on less consequential projects
- Revisiting tasks to make good enough better
- How Shannon gives herself permission to come back to a task, deeming it “good enough for now” which allows her to stop.
- The freedom of good enough
- Janine’s blog post on organizing spices