The anticipation and anxiety around starting a new adventure can be even more intense when you’re dealing with perfectionism. In this episode, Janine and Shannon discuss a new adventure they’re both embarking on and how they’re preparing for it.
- How Shannon is feeling good (not just better) at good enough!
- Janine and Shannon’s excitement to be starting the YNAB Certified Coaching program together
- How there are some nerves mixed in with the excitement
- Easing our nervousness and setting ourselves up for success
- Our different approaches to getting ready for this course
- Electronic vs paper note taking
- The value of staying flexible when you’re starting something new, because you don’t know until you know
- How our plans for structure around Getting to Good Enough fell by the wayside very quickly
- Thinking about whether a project needs to be structured or not when you’re starting out
- How building in some structure can make a new adventure feel doable
- Getting in touch with why starting a particular new adventure is important to you
- Putting your why into a few words to help you stay on track in your new adventure
- Acknowledging that things probably aren’t going to go perfectly so that you’re not derailed by problems