Letting go (of things like negative emotions, beliefs and physical stuff) is a recurring theme in the podcast, especially in recent weeks. So we decided to re-run this episode on letting go, recorded in January 2019. Spoiler alert: It was during this episode that we decided to change our tag line!
Janine and Shannon are experts in letting go. Janine helps people with tangible stuff and Shannon helps them with intangible stuff. So we have a lot to say in this episode about the benefits and process of letting go!
Discussion topics include:
- How January is a great time for letting go
- That Janine rarely, if ever, regrets having let go of something (and neither do her clients)
- How the various terms for decluttering process can change the way you feel about it–and the importance of finding the language that works for you
- How letting go of beliefs (like perfectionism) can allow you to open up space to do more of what you love
- A change to our podcast’s tagline!
- A deep dive into the process for letting of thoughts and beliefs that aren’t helpful
- How your goals can help your underlying beliefs come to the surface
- The magic of thinking about your beliefs that might not be serving you and recognizing they’re not true
- The perfectionistic beliefs Janine had to let go of in order to start a daily yoga practice