In recording this episode week after week, certain themes keep coming up in Shannon and Janine’s conversations. This episode, we distill them down to four hacks: (1) getting in touch with what’s important to you; (2) asking yourself, “Is it good enough?”; (3) noticing when you’re in perfectionist mode and (4) recognizing that something is better than nothing.
Discussion topics include:
- Pot stickers!
- Getting in touch with what’s important to you
- Avoiding overindulgence by getting in touch with what’s important to you in the near future
- Asking yourself “Is it good enough?”
- Noticing when you’re in perfectionist mode
- Asking yourself, “Are you putting in more time than this project merits?”
- Shannon’s pride over not correcting the texts she sends
- How having a word of the year can help you get in touch with what’s important to you
- Janine and Shannon’s 2020 words of the year
- What a big year 2020 will be
- How overwhelm or resistance can be clues that you’re in perfectionistic mode
- Remembering that something is better than nothing (and done is better than perfect!)
- Our quest for musical submissions from our users
- Episode 32: Self Care (in which we talk about Janine gorging on pot stickers)