Every day you’re bombarded by choices, often from the time you get up to the time you go to bed. And that can add stress to your life. This week Janine and Shannon discuss how they make their lives easier by limiting the choices they have to make on a regular basis.
Discussion topics include:
- The joy of limitations
- How having fewer clothes makes getting dressed easier.
- Shannon’s strategy for limiting choices during a renovation (she recently built a house from scratch!)
- Harnessing the expertise of others to limit your choices
- Janine’s penchant for resale stores
- How we used the principle of limited choices to make aspects of launching the podcast easy.
- Creating limits when researching new purchases, even apps
- Finding ways to limit things and make the good-enough choice
- Optimizers vs satisficers
- The key to happiness: Getting comfortable with being satisfied with good-enough choices
- Learning to live with something vs fixing it
- How chasing perfection can mean you spend more time on something than it warrants