The new year is a great time to think about creating habits that will make your life easier. Shannon and Janine discussed habits early on in the podcast–way back in October 2018. We thought now would be great time to re-run this episode.
When it comes to living an easy life, helpful habits are everything. In this episode Shannon and Janine discuss why good habits are important and how to create them.
Discussion topics include:
- How automating the mundane tasks frees your brain for more important things
- The challenge of creating and maintaining new habits
- Janine’s misguided compulsion to start creating new habits on the first day of the month
- The unwritten rules and beliefs we all have about habits
- How a good enough mindset can help in creating new habits (hint: take teeny tiny steps!)
- Some strategies for remembering new habits
- The power of chaining habits together into a routine
- Shannon’s gentle method for creating new habits
- Sticker charts — they’re not just for kids!
Tune in next week for our episode on overcoming bad habits!
- Shannon’s blog post that includes a picture of her training chart with orange hearts
- Janine’s blog post on the magic of linking new routines to old (warning: the blog post involves poop)
- The incredibly useful 3 Steps to New Habits from BJ Fogg of Stanford University