Times are tough these days–just ask Shannon who was on the cusp of a record-breaking heat wave when we recorded this episode at the end of June 2021. In this episode, Janine and Shannon discuss the need to cut ourselves some slack during difficult times, as well as some suggestions for how to do that.
Discussion topics include:
- Janine’s abiding love for wool, even in summer
- The heat wave that was about to (and did) hit Portland when we recorded this episode at the end of June
- How extreme weather can impede our productivity
- Practicing self care by cutting yourself slack when conditions aren’t normal
- Don’t forget: What we’ve gone through with COVID merits treating yourself with kindness–even as things open up.
- Cutting yourself slack when you’re grieving
- The ambient loss we’re all feeling over the last 18 months
- Shannon’s words that have turned into Janine’s mantra: “I’m fine where I am.”
- Permitting yourself to take naps (or perform other acts of self care)
- Cutting yourself some slack by reducing your tasks to a manageable number
- Looking for places where you can say no and being mindful of your capacity
- Our desire for you to be kinder to yourself