Being overcommitted often means being stressed. In this episode, Janine and Shannon suggest the hazards of overcommitting and ways to keep yourself from overcommitting. (Including ways to just say no.) They also discuss the value of building a buffer into your life.
Discussion topics include:
- How Janine lived an overcommitted life for a few stressful years
- Tips for responding to invitations to help
- How to create that all-important buffer
- How overcommitting contributed to Shannon’s chronic lateness problem (and how she overcame it)
- The overcommitment antidote: How to figure out how much free time you have available so you can avoid overcommitting
- How to evaluate whether you should say yes (or no) to a commitment
- Cairene MacDonald was kind enough to allow us to share her tool for identifying how much free time you have available so you can build a buffer into your life. Just click here to view and download the pdf.
- The July 2018 Professional Organizers Blog Carnival on the topic of Saying No. (Links to 15 blog posts all about saying no!)
- Two blog posts from Janine: The Value of Saying No and Creating a Buffer.