For many of us, the pandemic has made a tendency to procrastinate painfully obvious. We’re not as busy, yet we’re still procrastinating. But there’s hope! This week Janine and Shannon talk about the four main productivity blocks and how they can be easy to get past.
Discussion topics include:
- The summer heat!
- How these days we can’t blame being busy for not getting stuff done
- The four productivity blocks that Shannon coaches people on: confidence, reward, focus and enjoyment
- How people tend to fall into one of those categories
- Curious what yours is? Check out the quiz on Shannon’s website to find out
- The workbook and follow-up emails available to the quiz-takers
- The project that Janine is procrastinating on (writing a genealogy guide) and how she plans to test out Shannon’s tips
- Janine’s hope that by the time this episode is published she will have finished the guide
- A surprise live coaching session to help Janine get past her enjoyment productivity block
- Some ideas for making the process of writing her guides more enjoyable
- Shannon’s sincere offer for people to email her with feedback on getting past their productivity blocks (take her quiz first!)
- How checking something off your list can be such a huge reward that is very helpful for those whose productivity block is reward
- The value of a timer for folks whose productivity block is focus
- Remembering that there’s not something inherently wrong with you if you’re procrastinating; we’re naturally drawn to do the things that feel most doable
Update from Janine: We ended up publishing this a week earlier than expected and I am not finished with the Orderly Roots guide I’m working on. But the good news is that I’m making daily progress!